10 TIPS TO SAVE MONEY ON CAR RENTALS MAUI
Save Money on your Maui Car rental. Discount rates at Kimos Rent a car, most friendly service. Best Kahului car rentals deals and Maui airport services OGG.
Renting a car can often be confusing, frustrating, and worst of all, expensive. But it doesn’t have to be. Kimos Rent a Car is a friendly business because we started our maui car rental, renting cars to friends and family. Today we have over 100 cars in our fleet, and we are committed to keeping that same philosophy that started our business 10 years ago. We are first of all a friendly car rental that works very hard to keep all our customers and friends happy.
The tips below could end up saving you a lot of money. And with all these savings, you may actually find renting a car with Kimos rent a car enjoyable…
2. CDW insurance add extra cost to your car rental. If you’re renting a car in the United States and already have car insurance, your car insurance may cover a rental car (just call your insurance agent to make sure). If you are renting in the US and don’t have car insurance, book your rental car with a credit card that offers supplemental insurance. You can also call your credit card company directly.If you’re renting internationally, the supplemental insurance that the credit card offers usually becomes primary insurance, and so once again, you’ll be covered.
3. Avoid GPS rental. If you’re renting in the US, simply use your smartphone’s map function. This option is also available when renting internationally as well. Instead of a $10 a day GPS, get a new SIM card for your phone (make sure your phone is unlocked first). In most countries, $15 will get you data plan large enough to use the map for a few days and also be able to answer email and check Facebook!
4. Fill gasoline where it’s cheapest. But oftentimes, you aren’t aware of the difference in gas prices, which can be dramatic. Costco Gas in Kahului has the lowest gasoline prices of Maui only available for Costco members. So on your next trip to Maui, don’t forget your Costco Card and your Amex/Debit Card!!
5. Always return the car with over 1/4 tank. That is the minimum gasoline we ask our customers to put in the car. We don’t want anybody driving the car with less that 1/4 tank to avoid vehicle damages. Like all the rest of the Maui car rental companies, Kimos will also charge an extra fee for returning the car rental with less than 1/4 tank. We don’t want to charge that extra fees to anybody, so please make sure you understand that is important for us that the car has gasoline.
6. Always drive the car with over 1/4 gasoline TO avoid driving without gasoline and having to waste time of your vacation dealing with a car with empty gas tank. Believe me it happens a lot! You waste time and money, and you can damage the gas tank of the vehicle. You don’t need to get stuck in the side of the road because your car rental don’t have gas.
7. Kimos rent a car has the most convenient airport pick ups and drop off. You avoid waiting in lines and you arrive and departure Maui as a local. But you need to pay additional for airport parking. The extra cost of the airport parking is up to a maximum of $13. Only for Sundays arrivals airport parking will be a bite more (max of $26) but if you can avoid picking up the car at the airport location or dropping the car rental during business hours, you can save some extra money. Kimos offer free shuttles to airport during business hrs. Just remember, Kimos rent a car don’t make extra profit on airport parking fees. And we offer our customers the option to avoid those fees.
8. Be aware how you handle your vehicle keys. We try to avoid customers loosing, locking or damaging the car keys. If the electronic keys get wet, the key will not work any more and vehicle will not start (so please surfers don’t go in the ocean with the keys in
your pocket). . Electronic keys are expensive ($200 extra fees to make a new electronic key) so avoid loosing keys, locking car with keys inside or damaging keys with water. If you loose or lock the car with keys inside you have 2 options. One option is to go to our shop in Kahului during business hours and get a spare key. If you lost it you are responsible to pay for a copy of the key. Your other option is to call a company to make a new key in the spot. our 24 hrs emergency system will redirect your call to one of the companies that can help you in this situation. But again, you can always pay attention and avoid this really upsetting situation and extra expenses during your trip.
ATTENTION TO SURFERS AND WINDSURFERS: Please leave the car keys secured. we don’t advise using the lock box outside the airport area. Do not go to the water with car keys that has electronic chip. Vehicle will not start if the key is wet and the new key will be responsibility of the renter.
9. Don’t speed. There’s nothing worse than opening an envelope from the Maui state police four months after your vacation has ended and being hit with a couple hundred dollar speeding ticket or any other road tickets.
Jump-Start — If your vehicle experiences battery failure, we’ll provide a jump-start.
Flat Tire Assistance or Tire Replacement — We’ll replace a flat or damaged tire with the spare, or get the car towed to the nearest service facility. (Please note that the renter might incur the cost of the tire repair or replacement, depending upon the circumstances.)
Fuel Delivery — If you run out of gas, we’ll deliver 3 gallons to your location and bill you separately for the fuel.
google reviewsKimo's Rent-A-Car
4.2 out of 5 starsJeff Smithson
5 out of 5 starsposted 1 month ago
Great value from Kimo’s. I rented one of their older model surf vans for hauling gear to and from the beach. It did all that we needed at a competitive price and we had no issues with reliability of the vehicle. Instructions for pick up and drop off were simple and adding a second driver from the online portal was a breeze. Changing the duration of my rental contract involved only a simple email and didn’t cost anything in fees. I’d definitely recommend them as a great local alternative to the big multi-national chains.Anna Bransom
5 out of 5 starsposted 1 month ago
Kimo's is super easy and low cost to rent from! My flight came in late at night and the car was conveniently parked at the airport parking for me to pick up! They gave very specific directions on where the car was parked and how to get the key! I paid for the airport parking and off I went, I love not having to wait for a crowed shuttle to take me anywhere or stand in line get my reserved car at a big rental car company. Drop off was just as easy! I also love having the option to rent an older car (you know, one with character) and paying less. I would highly recommend renting from Kimo's!Sonia Zimmer
5 out of 5 starsposted 2 days ago
I have rented from Kimo’s the last five times here on Maui. It’s the best deal on the island. It’s so easy getting off the plane and having your car right there in the airport parking lot … Five minutes and I am driving off into the sunset.
After a long flight it’s the only way to go.
I’ve tried other car rental companies and it is such an ordeal having to take a bus to the pick up location, having to wait in long lines to get to an agent and then having to wait for them to take care of the paperwork. It can easily take over an hour.
With Kimo’s, I get my choice of used vehicles
depending on my budget. I’ve never had a problem with any of the cars I’ve rented.
I’d highly recommend.