10 TIPS TO SAVE MONEY ON CAR RENTALS MAUI
Renting a car can often be confusing, frustrating, and worst of all, expensive. But it doesn’t have to be. Kimos Rent a Car is a friendly business because we started our maui car rental, renting cars to friends and family. Today we have over 100 cars in our fleet, and we are committed to keeping that some philosophy that started our business 10 years ago. We are first of all a friendly car rental that works very hard to keep all our customers and friends happy.
The tips below could end up saving you a lot of money. And with all these savings, you may actually find renting a car with Kimos rent a car enjoyable…
2. CDW insurance add extra cost to your car rental. If you’re renting a car in the United States and already have car insurance, your car insurance may cover a rental car (just call your insurance agent to make sure). If you are renting in the US and don’t have car insurance, book your rental car with a credit card that offers supplemental insurance. You can also call your credit card company directly.If you’re renting internationally, the supplemental insurance that the credit card offers usually becomes primary insurance, and so once again, you’ll be covered.
3. Avoid GPS rental. If you’re renting in the US, simply use your smartphone’s map function. This option is also available when renting internationally as well. Instead of a $10 a day GPS, get a new SIM card for your phone (make sure your phone is unlocked first). In most countries, $15 will get you data plan large enough to use the map for a few days and also be able to answer email and check Facebook!
4. Fill gasoline where it’s cheapest. But oftentimes, you aren’t aware of the difference in gas prices, which can be dramatic. Costco Gas in Kahului has the lowest gasoline prices of Maui only available for Costco members. So on your next trip to Maui, don’t forget your Costco Card and your Amex/Debit Card!!
5. Always return the car with 1/4 tank. That is the minimum gasoline we ask our customers to put in the car. We don’t want anybody driving the car with less that 1/4 tank to avoid vehicle damages. Like all the rest of the Maui car rental companies, Kimos will also charge an extra fee for returning the car rental with less than 1/4 tank. We don’t want to charge that extra fees to anybody, so please make sure you understand that is important for us that the car has gasoline.
6. Always drive the car with over 1/4 gasoline TO avoid driving without gasoline and having to waste time of your vacation dealing with a car with empty gas tank. Believe me it happens a lot! You waste time and money, and you can damage the gas tank of the vehicle. You don’t need to get stuck in the side of the road because your car rental don’t have gas.
7. Kimos rent a car has the most convenient airport pick ups and drop off. You avoid waiting in lines and you arrive and departure Maui as a local. But you need to pay additional for airport parking. The extra cost of the airport parking is up to a maximum of $10. Only for Sundays arrivals airport parking will be a bite more (max of $20) but if you can avoid picking up the car at the airport location or dropping the car rental during business hours, you can save some extra money. Kimos offer free shuttles to airport during business hrs. Just remember, Kimos rent a car don’t make extra profit on airport parking fees. And we offer our customers the option to avoid those fees.
8. Be aware how you handle your vehicle keys. We try to avoid customers loosing, locking or damaging the car keys. We installed a lock box in each rental car so you can safely leave keys inside anytime during your trip. If the electronic keys get wet, the key will not work any more and vehicle will not start (so please surfers don’t go in the ocean with the keys in your pocket, leave it inside the lock box). Electronic keys are expensive ($200 extra fees to make a new electronic key) so avoid loosing keys, locking car with keys inside or damaging keys with water. If you loose or lock the car with keys inside you have 2 options. One option is to go to our shop in Kahului during business hours and get a spare key. If you lost it you are responsible to pay for a copy of the key. Your other option is to call a company to make a new key in the spot. our 24 hrs emergency system will redirect your call to one of the companies that can help you in this situation. But again, you can always pay attention and avoid this really upsetting situation and extra expenses during your trip.
9. Don’t speed. There’s nothing worse than opening an envelope from the Maui state police four months after your vacation has ended and being hit with a couple hundred dollar speeding ticket or any other road tickets.
- Kimos Loyal Customers
- Pick Ups
- SUV rental
- Midsize Cars
- Compact Cars
- Airport Services
- Roadside Assistance
- Maui Ocean & Outdoor safety
- Maui car rental Reservations
- Best Price Guarantee
- Terms & Conditions
- 11 years anniversary
- Información en español
- 10 Tips To Save Money
- Additional Services
- Free Rental car = Rent it + Buy it